Use 'Quick Match' to efficiently route drivers, loads, & equipment -
Are your dispatchers often trying to route drivers and loads on the fly? Through the Quick Match window, found within the Dynamic Dashboard feature of Profit Tools, the dispatcher can filter down the large list of shipments based on radius restrictions for drivers, shipments, or equipment; saving valuable time.
To find a driver to dispatch for an assignment using the Quick Match tool:
- On your Quick View screen, identify a shipment that needs attention.
(e.g. you have identified a container that needs to be picked up right away)
- Click/drag the shipment down to the Quick Match window.
(this will allow you to restrict or filter down the drivers list)
- In the Quick Match pop-up window, enter the appropriate driver requirements based on shipment's needs*.
- Select Restrict, and Profit Tools will populate the Assigned Driver List with the drivers that meet the specified criteria.
- Click/drag the desired driver up to the shipment to dispatch the assignment.
To find a shipment to dispatch to a driver using the Quick Match tool:
- On your Quick View screen, identify a driver that needs a dispatch.
(e.g. you have a driver that has completed all current events, and is waiting for a dispatch)
- Click/drag the driver from the Assigned window to the Quick Match window.
(this will allow you to restrict or filter down the shipment list for that driver)
- In the Quick Match pop-up window, enter the appropriate shipment requirements based on the driver's needs*.
(you can restrict shipments based on the pick-up and drop-off location to accommodate the driver)
- Select Restrict Shipments, and Profit Tools will populate the Shipment Summary screen with the shipments that meet the specified criteria.
- Click/drag your driver up to the selected shipment to dispatch the assignment.
*Please note, if you are not currently using the PC*Miler application, location restrictions will be limited to the exact city/state matches, rather than a 'within X mile' radius match.
This is a time saving tool that can become an invaluable asset to your dispatchers. If you would like to learn more about the Quick Match tool, please contact your trainer.