Weekly Tip – Tuesday 8/7/2012
1) Profit Tools software is flexible and innovative, yet still needs TLC from its users! Here are a few tips to help your PT software return the favor:
- When updating an itinerary, it is highly recommended to save and close any changes as soon as possible. Profit Tools has a built-in feature that that will prevent overwriting of information. Therefore, if two identical itineraries are simultaneously open for updates, only one set of changes will be saved.
- On very rare occasion, your program may stop responding (e.g. continuous hourglass, unable to select, idle screen, etc.). Once all obvious connections have been checked such as keyboard/mouse batteries, and connections, review your task manager window (Ctrl+Alt+Del). View the list of tasks and select the unresponsive program. Select "End Task", and confirm your choice. At this point you may restart the program, however you will have lost any information entered since your last save.
2) It is easy to forget about the "ole' faithful" hardware tucked away in a dark corner, so here are a few reminders to keep your system in top shape:
- Keep computer and other network hardware on adequate battery supplemented surge protection devices (UPS). This is to allow sufficient time to properly save and shut down your system in the event of a power failure.
- Hardware should be stored in conditioned air, and not be subjected to vibration, impact, or direct sunlight.
- Restart Windows workstations at least once every other day, and always follow normal shutdown procedures prior to resetting computer, powering down, or unplugging system. It is recommended by computer manufactures to not power down your computer each night. This is harmful to the electrical circuits.
For additional questions regarding software specific issues, please email technical support.
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.