Weekly Tip – Tuesday 11/06/2012
1) When looking at a shipment window, have you ever noticed that sometimes an asterisk appears next to the Bill To company name? The asterisk indicates that notes are present regarding the Bill To company. Profit Tools allows you to store notes relating to any company or facility entered in the system (this "Notes" field is found in the Details section of the company profile). You can access these notes from the shipment window by simply right clicking the Bill To company name, and selecting "Notes" from the menu. This will allow you to view, edit, or add to the Bill To company notes.
For additional information on company notes, contact your trainer.
2) Not sure who should be paying the bill... Enter Bill To information by using the "Bill To Origin/Destination Points" feature within Profit Tools. This feature will allow for the automated look up of Bill To companies based on origin and destination points. These locations will first need to be set up within Profit Tools.
- Select the Billing menu from the top of your screen and then Bill To Origin/Destination Points from the drop down menu.
- Add the Origin, tab over and add the Destination, and finally, tab over and add the Bill To.
- Repeat this process for each known combination desired. NOTE: Each Origin/Destination/Bill To combination points must be unique.
- Click Save & Close to complete the setup process.
Now, when a new order is entered into Profit Tools, add the Origin and Destination points and simply place a "?" in the the Bill To field. The company name will self populate based on the predetermined list, saving you time during the order entry process!
For additional information on the Bill To Origin/Destination Points feature, contact your trainer.
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.